Ginger Gold Apple Meat Loaf
- 1 onion, small diced
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/8th tsp black pepper
- 2 cups apple sauce (made with ginger gold apples)
- 1 cup diced ginger gold apples
- 1tsp kosher salt
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb ground pork
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a sauté pan and lightly sauté garlic and onion until translucent.
- Combine sautéed onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, apples, black pepper, salt, applesauce, pork & beef in large bowl.
- Shape into a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour or until an internal temperature of 155 degrees.
- In a saucepan combine applesauce, apple cider vinegar, and mustard. Heat until well blended.
- Every ½ hour while the meatloaf is cooking baste with mustard glaze.
Jonah Crab Cake
A delicious treat for friends or a romantic dinner for two. Pretty simple to make with easy to get ingredients.
Nothing is better than fresh Jonah crab from the coast of Maine during summer time. Enjoy this combination hot or cold (remove panko). We recommend Captain Mardens, Wellesley, MA, for its crabmeat. We source our seafood at The International from Captain Mardens.
Yields eight 4-oz. Jonah crab cakes.
- 2lb Jonah Crabmeat
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- .5bu chives
- Juice of one lemon
- 4oz mayonnaise
- 4oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup panko
- Empty crabmeat onto a sheet tray and look for any shells. Typically you will find one or two pieces.
- Place crab meat in a towel and strain excess liquid.
- Place in a bowl and mix with remaining ingredients (do not shred crabmeat too much when mixing).
- Form eight 4-oz. crab cakes.
- Heat 10-inch saute pan.
- Use enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Lightly dust crab cakes with seasoned flour (flour with salt and pepper).
- Brown each side of crab cakes.
- Finish in a 350-degree oven for five minutes.