In 1954, the club was sold to the Suprenant Wire & Cable Corp. of Clinton.
New owner, Bert Suprenant, hired Geoffrey Cornish, a native of Winnipeg, Canada, as course architect.
Suprenant sold his company and the golf course to ITT Corporation in 1961. ITT ran The International as a corporate retreat and private club for nearly 40 years. In 1998, Starwood Hotels and Resorts acquired The International through a much larger acquisition of Sheraton Hotels from ITT.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts subsequently sold The International to Daniel and Florence Weadock in January of 1999.
Under their stewardship, The International underwent major expansions, including the hiring of leading architect Tom Fazio to build a new, sloping 18-hole course carved out of primeval forest, The Oaks.
Daniel P. Weadock Sr., passed away suddenly in July 2005, but his legacy and spirit of camaraderie and friendship lives on. We miss him dearly.
Dan Weadock Jr. took over day-to-day operations in July 2005 and has been leading a massive business transformation program ever since, repositioning The International from a quiet, private enclave to a world-class golf and special-event destination.